Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dreams

Do you dream in color?

I do.

Several months ago, my blogmate Kelly interviewed a couple of her male characters, and they said some flirtatious things. Well last night, one of my favorite characters invaded my dreams last night, and I woke up too early!

The dream went something like this:

I let myself into the house. He is sitting on the floor, surrounded by boxes.

"We need to talk," he says, looking serious.

Uh-oh...I don't like the sound of this. "What's the problem?" I set my briefcase down by the front door and make my way over to him.

He stands, and we leave the crowded living room for the spacious master bedroom. I lay down on the bed and curl up on my side, watching him pace.

"I was there...today. In front of the stadium. I bought hot dogs for the kids and saw you."

Relief flows through me. He came to the signing after all! But..."Why didn't you come over to the table?"

"You had several people at your table, and you looked so beautiful, so animated, and it hit me...you're going to do well with this! And where does this leave me?" He sits on the edge of the bed, and I see the little boy who just wants to be loved and appreciated.

"I will never leave you," I whisper softly. "I love you."

He get up and spoons his body around mine. "Can we research some more?"

I feel his hands unbuttoning my shirt. "You've been reading Sommer's blog again..."

And all of a sudden, my eyes flew open and I'd slept through my snooze button again. It was 6:30; there was no sexy man trying to entice me to get naked; just a snoring husband and another morning waiting for me. Time to get up, make the coffee, watch the news, and wake up my kids. Thursday morning, and all I want to do is go back to bed and finish my dream!

Maybe he'll return tonight?

This is the second time I've dreamed about someone's blog post. The first one was Anny Cook's, when she was doing research on the nutritional elements of acorns!

No comments: