Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hump Day Hook #11


Yes, I know.  I've been absent from this hop for a while.  I was busy last week, remember?  For more Hump Day Goodness, go here.   


Today, I thought I'd give you a taste of Class Reunion....you know, the one getting all the Rave Reviews?  Enjoy!




“You look way too chipper after last night.” Lisa adjusted her dark ponytail. “Who’s the lucky man?”

“Who says there is one?” Natalie countered. Her coffee arrived and she sipped it with caution.

“C’mon, Nat…you’re glowing. And I know you weren’t stupid enough to sleep with Brian last night. So who was he and why didn’t you bring him to the reunion?” Michelle took off her dark glasses, winced, and put them on again. “Christ, I had too much to drink last night. Remind me again why
we’re hitting the mall so early?”

“Because your kids need clothes, and everything is forty percent off this week,” Lisa admonished. “This was your idea anyway and since we’ve got time to kill before the picnic, why not? Nat doesn’t come to town that often, you know.”

“Okay, I’ll level with you. It was Bob.” Natalie grinned at Lisa.

“Bob?” Michelle looked confused. “Did we even have a Bob in our class?”

“No, silly, she means BOB. Battery Operated Boyfriend. Seriously? You got that glow from a fucking sex toy?”

“Damn. I’ve gotta get me one of those. Sex with Phil is starting to get stale after twelve years.” Michelle groaned and finished her coffee.

Want to read more?  Class Reunion is available here

7 comments:

Unknown said...

If she's glowing from a BOB I want the brand name! Lol.

Sabrina Devonshire said...

That's really funny!

Jessica E. Subject said...

LOL Too funny!

Sandra Sookoo said...

lol BOB!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Great hook!

Anonymous said...

Well, like the song says, Imaginary lovers don't mind anytime. Wow. Great post!

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Cute! Nice name, Bob.