Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Did It!

I successfully trimmed my short story from 15,800 words down to 14, 670! Now I can have it critiqued and sent on its way. I feel so relieved:)

I'm having issues with a beloved friend right now. She took my head off verbally last night, and instead of losing my temper right back, I bit my tongue and quietly told her I never expected her to drop everything and come see me.

And today, I very nicely sent her an email, stating that I certainly understood her stress level and to please talk to me if she needed to vent. And reminded her I didn't know her new schedule; I had expected to find her relaxing instead of working. So far, I've not gotten any response, but I hope she calms down soon and either emails or calls me.

Especially now that I've completed an interview and finished with a WIP.

Next problem: I need a title.

My story is about a young chef who finds herself involved with a newly-returned member of the country club in which she works.

Taste of Love?

Cooking up Desire?

The Way to a Man's Heart?

Appetite for Love/Desire?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

jackie said...

a knife in the heart of desire. would be good