Sunday, May 4, 2008

Posting Anonymously

I've only done it once, and that was cowardly. But I commented anyway, because the person who wrote it had made it clear she didn't want to be associated with me.

So I commented anonymously.

Now we've had another falling-out, and someone has posted a negative comment on hers without revealing their identity.

It wasn't me; I don't leave nasty comments. If I don't agree with what the person's written, I will either abstain from commenting, or give my polite opinion, depending on how strongly I feel about the issue. But I do NOT leave sarcastic comments when they aren't needed.

In the meantime, I'm continuing to read her posts; I may even resume commenting in a week or so. Just depends on how the wind is blowing, so to speak. If she accepts my private apology or continues to ignore me, well, we'll see.

Moving on....

My alter-ego had some good news concerning a manuscript:) She'll post the good or bad news when the time comes...she doesn't want to jinx herself.

And as soon as I get more ink in my printer, I'll be doing edits on Chapter 4. And I finished the short story I was writing:) Now to shave a couple hundred, or even a thousand, words off somewhere...I think after the 15th (my critique partner's on deadline) I will give it to her and see what she thinks. My submission deadline isn't until September. So no more work on Head of the Class for at least 2 weeks. Don't want to stress out my partner!

In the meantime, it's the month of May in Indiana. And for racing fans, that means Indy 500 time! Throughout the coming weeks, I'll be posting some of my favorite memories. And if you have some you'd like to share, be it anything from fond memories to griping about the traffic, feel free to join in the fun!

No comments: