Monday, January 30, 2012

Adding To My List Of Things To Do....

I've decided to join our church choir.

Why?

For one thing, the choir director has asked me several times in the past two years; plus my daily QT has been about using our gifts/talents to glorify God and encouraging people to be active in Church life.  And so I slid into my pew yesterday and opened my weekly bulletin:

"We need help....our choir is looking for new members...."

Ok, Lord....I get the hint....

My previous objections were,
1) I'm not Catholic, so would I be comfortable staying by myself while the rest filed up to the front?  I already do it, and the choir doesn't perform that often at the front of the church anyway, so who cares if I don't partake?

2) The spouse isn't happy with the two nights I'm already gone; is he going to object to this?  I asked him.  He said he didn't mind.  I reminded him this would be every Wednesday, after the youngling's practice.  Again, he said he didn't care.  The big test will be when the choir starts singing at various Masses....

3) I'm on a perpetual sinus alert.  But I already sing karaoke, despite my stuffiness or having diminished hearing in my right ear, so what's stopping me from the choir?  I love to sing; Becky needs members; I'm going.

Again, just wait until Lent, and I have to attend a different service.  Will the spouse start griping then?  We'll see!

2 comments:

Linda Kage said...

Have fun in the choir!

Kenzie Michaels said...

The only thing I dislike so far is the LONG climb to the balcony! Talk about an asthma attack waiting to happen....

LOL:)