Monday, December 6, 2010

Tis The Season:)

First of all, don't forget about the Kris Kringle Kontest! Click on the Santa icon to the left or see underneath for contest info.

Secondly, is it possible to have a Release Week hangover? I've been promoting Wild At Heart everywhere I can think of, and trying not to let all the congratulatory comments and emails go to my head....

Last, how in the world do I manage this time of year? Simple. I take the month off from writing, other than pending edits, and bake cookies. I've been fortunate to only have minor writing assignments: In 2008, I had to add a few chapters to my already submitted manuscript, and had no time line. Last year, I signed the contract for Teacher's Pet and the only writing I did besides blogging was my family's Christmas Newsletter.

This year, I'm doing edits when I feel like it; baking; and learning to get along without a dryer until the heating element in ours can be repaired. I haul a load over to a friend's house twice a week, to keep my youngest in clean socks. The dryer troll has managed to eat all but four pairs of his socks.

Want another excerpt of Wild At Heart? Okay; you twisted my arm! Click on the 'Excerpts' page and enjoy:)

No comments: