Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Meet the Ladies of Wild At Heart:)

Today I have the honor of sitting down with Angela Clayborn and Emma Nichols, co-heroines from Wild At Heart.

K: Greetings ladies:)

A: Can you believe this awful weather? Brrr....

E: Hi Kenzie:) I've never been to Indiana before. Is the ice typical this time of year?

A: Not this early. Normally this stuff arrives in January. My shop's been closed all day, due to it being too treacherous.

E: Yeah, wintertime in the Rockies is usually our slow period also. I'm usually traveling around doing trade shows, advertizing the riding stables and drumming up interest in my brother's woodworking shop.

K: So there's no hard feelings between you two?

A: Not at all. I think we're all happier now. Wouldn't you say, Emma?

E: Yeah. Who knew I'd fall in love in six days?

K: What are you doing in Indiana, Emma?

E: Brad had a business meeting at the home office, so I tagged along. I hope my horses are being taken care of; my mare is due to foal in the next few weeks and I'm anxious to get back. But with this ice, our flight was delayed.

K: I've tried to get Brad to talk to me, but he won't.

E: I've kept him pretty busy:) I'm also training him as a part-time stable hand.

K: What about you, Angie? Are you happy with the way things worked out?

A: I can't believe I was in such denial about Steve. I had started dating Brad because my friends thought he was perfect for me, but it just goes to show you can't force chemistry.

E: And you and Steve definitely have it! We went out to dinner last night before the ice hit, and Steve couldn't keep his hands off of her!

A: Well neither could you and Brad!

K: I also want you both to know that your story will be available on Kindle the week before Christmas.

E: Cool! Brad's getting me one so I can find that scene in Anny's book!

A: Who's book?

K: Anny's a good friend of mine, Emma. Contact me when you get your Kindle and I'll email Anny's website to you. She's got a lot of other books you might like, plus I'll introduce you around to other wonderful e-books and authors.

E: Awesome! Thanks!

A: I told Steve I wanted a Nook for Christmas. After that controversy on Amazon a few months ago, I'll buy from somewhere else.

E: They pulled the book, Angie....but I see your point.

K: And none of my books are on the Nook yet, so if you want to read them, Kindle's the way to go. Time's up ladies; I need to fix dinner for the family. Thanks for coming by!

A: Thanks for the yummy cookies! I need your recipe.

E: Don't tell Nora, but your chocolate chips are better than hers.

K: I think the recipe's going to be in an XOXO Publishing cookbook. I'll let you know:)


Wild At Heart,
Available now at XOXO Publishing
http://xoxopublishing.com/shop-online/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=107

2 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Hear ye! O hear ye!! You a writer? Groovy. Here’s our (God/i) nine, insane blogz YOU may steal/plagiarize to thy heart's content, giving YOU thots and ideas you may have never thunk Bfor, brudda!! Be prepared, though, Upstairs in Heaven Above, my blogz of humble wisdom and avant-garde-efficaciousness will be attributed to moi, aussi in some kinda trilogy. I don't think you'll much care in the Great Beyond, though, fulla party-hardy, kick-some-assness. God bless.

Mia Watts said...

Hey, Kenzie where ya been?