Mia Watts tagged me for this writer's MeMe. Since Molly took some of my answers, I tried not to get too repetitive:)
1. What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have?
The last thing I wrote was Class Reunion. The first thing I ever wrote was Wild At Heart.
2. Write poetry?
Every once in a while. Some are better than others.
3. Angsty poetry?
Only one or two.
4. Favorite genre of writing?
5. Most annoying character you’ve ever created?
Either Melanie from Teacher’s Pet or Paul from Class Reunion. They’re both annoying. Paul, because he whines, and Melanie, because she won’t take ‘no’ for an answer.
6. Best plot you’ve ever created?
Personally, I love my Reunion story!
7. Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created?
Male model/stripper meets and falls for Christian Inspirational author. I’m on chapter three.
8. How often do you get writer’s block?
Too often to count.
9. Write fan fiction?
The one and only story I ever wrote based on the characters from Star Wars showed me I was destined for the romance angle!
10. Do you type or write by hand?
Both. It depends on if the computer is available when I get the brainstorm.
11. Do you save everything you write?
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you’ve abandoned it?
13. What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written?
I still love Wild At Heart. Part of it takes place in Colorado and features my dad’s favorite restaurant!
14. What’s everyone else’s favorite story that you’ve written?
According to published reviews, they all love All She Ever Wanted. And my old crit partner LOVED Teacher’s Pet…at least what she read of it. She ended up getting published first and was too busy to critique the rest of it.
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?
Molly’s Arbor U might be considered angsty; I’ve also got a YA story in the works. Don’t know when I’ll get around to finishing it.
16. What’s your favorite setting for your characters?
Small town Indiana, Florida, Colorado.
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now?
Two. I’m editing Teacher’s Pet and after the holidays I’ll probably get back to work on Model Behavior.
18. Have you ever won an award for your writing?
Not an actual award, but All She Ever Wanted went to #3 on the Best Seller’s list! Does that count?
19. What are your five favorite words?
And, Then, Christ, God, Sure.
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself?
All of my characters have a little bit of ‘me’ in them, ha ha!
21. Where do you get ideas for your characters?
Past experiences, Life.
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams?
Once in a while I’ll dream about my characters, and write about it the next day.
23. Do you favor happy endings?
I’ve written happy and sad endings, but I usually end up changing the sad ones to Happy For Now, in order to please the crit partners.
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?
Yes. It drives me crazy to see those lines in the word document! I often reread what I’ve written the day before and will correct any obvious mistakes before continuing. Even during NaNo (hangs head in shame)
25. Does music help you write?
Yes. It helps the creativity, and I usually end up blocking everything out once the story is flowing.
26. Quote something you’ve written. Whatever pops into your head.
From Class Reunion:
“Here’s the thing: We’re both single, in our forties, and established in our jobs. Just because we’re attracted to each other doesn’t mean there has to be a romantic connection, does there?”
“Gee, Brian, you put it like that, why not just hire an escort for the evening?” Pushing her hurt feelings aside, she stared at him. “We’re both caught up in the moment, let’s just go fuck each other and see you again in five years? Sorry; I don’t operate like that.”
Hmmm...who's not been tagged yet? Carol P, James, and Travis.