Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wheeeeeeee!

I've been offered a conditional contract! I'm dancing around the room...join me? I still have to make changes; the editor felt the plot was rushed and that there could be more fireworks between two characters, but that's not a problem!

I felt it was a bit rushed myself, but then again I had a word count issue to deal with. But now that restriction is lifted, I can go back and fix it; add dialogue; really heat it up. After all, there's nothing better than a grand confrontation scene, full of crackling tension, angry words exchanged, and emotions running the gamut from fear, courage, anger, relief, and of course, love.

And the best part? I opened this email before I drove the kids to school. And on the way home, the creative side of my brain finally 'woke up' and I think I know exactly what I'm going to write! NaNo? What NaNo? I've been offered a contract!

I'm seeing a bottle of plonk coming this weekend, as well as good sales for my alter ego...

Okay. Time to get off the computer, crank up the music, shower, and get to work!

Let me finish my dance first...

No comments: