Monday, August 9, 2010

Werewolves and Gargoyles and Dragons, Oh My!

Last week I raved about Dakota Rebel's Vampires; this week, it's Ms Cindy Spencer Pape's turn in the spotlight as my other favorite creature characters.

Djinni and the Geek was the first book I'd ever read by this author. And I was instantly hooked.

Professor David Garvaglia is nobody’s idea of a hero. Is he? When David opens an antique box and finds a sexy Djinni in his bed, his desire for her is almost as powerful as his determination to set her free. Anissa has spent centuries as a prisoner of the box and has dreamed of the day some handsome master would release her. The scruffy computer geek isn’t what she expected, but everything about him turns her on.

While David and Anissa explore their explosive passion, he helps her adjust to the twenty-first century. Complicating things is an evil wizard who wants Anissa for himself. Between scorching sex in his faculty office and hacking government computers, David does everything he can to keep her safe—and satisfied.



As I was reading, I wanted to know more about Draco.

Computer science professor Eric Gordon has to find the hacker responsible for a virus on campus. When his investigations show some sort of reptile may be living in the steam tunnels under campus, he turns to biology professor Lori Tremain for help.

Lori’s life is crazy with her tenure review looming, but she’s too curious and way too attracted to Eric to turn down his request. Together, Lori and Eric uncover things that their scientific minds can barely imagine, along with a passion they never expected. She doesn’t have time for love or dragons, but adventure and romance find her anyway.







Recently, I thoroughly enjoyed Curses. Having been challenged to make a horror author my hero in one of my own books, I was surprised to learn Cindy had already accomplished it.

Some people really are cursed when it comes to love. For witch Melissa MacRae, a family curse means
that falling in love is the ultimate bad idea. Jonas Pierce is a werewolf, who has seen too much to consider
passing on his curse to another generation. So why does a summer fling in Sanctity Michigan,
have them both thinking about happily ever after?




And finally, I've come to love her gargoyles. I've read all but Stone and Fire; it should be coming up soon on my ever-growing TBB list. But here's the blurb from Stone and Earth:

Gargoyle Damien St. Pierre has to find an ancient artifact needed by his people. When he meets earth witch Katie Calhoun, he can't keep his hands off her. Because of the problems his people are having, Damien is afraid to attempt the conversion necessary to make her his mate. But Katie is determined to help him in his quest and to become the gargoyle of his dreams. Can her faith overcome his fear? Will the magic of love succeed in the mating of stone and earth?



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Wow, Kenzie! All I can say is thanks. I'm so glad my books have made you smile!

Unknown said...

Nice tribute to a wonderful author.
Djinni and the Geek was the first book I read from Cindy too. :)