Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nostalgia

I had a strange dream the other night. I don't remember the specifics, but one of my favorite Survivor songs ran through it the entire time. Since my tapes are all in storage, I found it on YouTube last night.

I can see you standing in every hallway
I can see your headlights around the bend
And hiding in my shadow, you're with me always
Out in the street, in every glance
I see your reflection, I'm caught in a trance
Can't you see what I've become
I see you in everyone...

This is my favorite song from the Vital Signs album, even topping 'I Can't Hold Back'. For whatever reason, this song resonates with me whenever I'm missing a loved one.

Except I have no idea who or what the dream was about.

So maybe I just need to go dig out my tapes and drive around in the car, singing Survivor at the top of my lungs? Or make everyone leave the house, so I can crank up the volume on the computer while I rock the house?

Hmmm...either one is a good idea!

No comments: