Thursday, August 10, 2017

"Magic 8 Ball, Please Tell Me...." #MFRW Authors #32

*shaking vigorously*

Where do I hope to be in ten years' time?
-Family-wise, my kids will be 35, 33, and 23; granddaughters will be 26 and 15; grandson 25.  My oldest will be teaching at the junior high level and on his way to getting his Masters of Education, if he hasn't already.  He may or may not be married with children of his own.  Daughter will have a steady job and a place of her own; my baby either be in college or working somewhere.  Granddaughter Alex will be in high school; Granddaughter Ariel will be pursuing her Culinary Arts career.  Grandson will most likely be in the Army or Marines.

-Parents will be in their 80s, if still alive.  Spousal unit will be 73.

-House-wise, with having the house finally to ourselves, all my possessions will be out of boxes and the house arranged the way I want it.  The other two houses will have been demolished and a nice yard in their place.

-Both dogs will probably be gone.  Pit Bull Dexter is already 6, and shepherd mix Cheyenne is nearly 8. 

-Career-wise, I want to be at the level where I am PAID to attend conferences, or at least have the means to attend the ones I want.  All current unfinished WIPS will be published.

Of course, if we go to war with NK in the coming months, I hope I'm one of the ones who are killed instantly.  I do not want to suffer any radiation poisoning.  I keep praying that another solution to this threat, as well as the terrorism threat, can be found soon.

I also dearly hope that the health care issue has been resolved, and I'll finally have GOOD medical insurance!

Magic 8 Ball, please tell me
What kind of future do you see?

"Future Cloudy.  Check back later."

What do you see in YOUR future?

Click here for more. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the "all possessions are out of boxes" dream...we've been empty-nesters for more than 10 years and I still have stuff packed away in the basement, lol.

Unknown said...

I think one of the sad truths about life is that once you have the house to yourselves, you no longer have the energy to get all your stuff out of the boxes :) I wish you enough energy to accomplish your goal!

Helen Henderson said...

Good luck with the possessions out of boxes. Even changing the locks didn't help. Family returned to fill the house. Shaking up the magic 8-ball to see my future.

Meka James said...

I hope to be able to have nice stuff with my kids all older. Right now we keep all fancy decorations to a minimum with 3 boys running around.

Linda McLaughlin said...

I hope we don't have war with NK, too, because it will either mean nuclear annihilation (in which case nothing else matters) or a conventional WWIII. Neither alternative appeals to me.

Hope you have the house you want with lots of storage before ten years have gone by! And a flourishing career.

Unknown said...

OH yes, someday when the kids move out we'll be able to have nice things. . . but then who really has the energy to manage it?? OR else we have a housekeeper to take care of it for us. yeah, that sounds like a plan! IT's like you got inside my brain on a lot of this. GMTA!

Valerie Ullmer said...

With the way things are going, you never know, but there's still hope that no one will press that red button and kill us all! Great post!

Alina K. Field said...

I'm at a point of needing to Marie Kondo all my belongings and do some magical tidying up! She says to throw out what you don't truly love. My problems is, I love everything, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of surprised yours is the first post to mention the situation with North Korea. Such messy situations put our little hopes into perspective, unfortunately.

Kenzie Michaels said...

@Robin, Sherry, Helen, and Meka: LOL....I've been back home for a week and am already planning to change my kitchen around:) Even if I do is get rid of all 'unnecessary' items (everything packed in boxes that I've not used in ten + years), I'll be thrilled.

@Linda, Valerie, and Ed: Hubby keeps saying our US arsenal will keep us safe, and I suppose this fear is what my grandparents and parents lived through too, so maybe we just need to trust God and our military?

@Ellie: Amazing, isn't it? LMAO!

@Alina: That's my problem too. I have a lot of family heirlooms that unfortunately, I don't think my kids give a damn about.

Maureen said...

Sometimes I wish I had a magic 8 ball. It might end a lot of pondering over decisions if I knew the outcome. :)

Molly Daniels said...

@Maureen: Don't we all? LOL.....I don't think mine works anymore.

Kenzie Michaels