Thursday, August 1, 2013

Welcome To Day #4!

Come on over to Harlie's Book Blog:) I always have a good time over there so here's hoping she doesn't disappoint me!

Plus, a very Happy Birthday to my mom!  This time last year, she underwent hernia surgery, so to have her up and walking around, pain-free this year is HUGE relief!



Excerpt:
Austin captured her once inside the darkened office and swung her into his arms for another kiss.  Her shoes hit the floor as she moaned, and felt his tongue slip past her teeth.

Cara struggled and tore her mouth from his.  “Wait. This can’t be happening.”

“Why not?  I’ve enjoyed the past two weeks of getting to know you.  I’d like to get to know you a little better, that’s all.”  Austin pulled her back and covered her mouth with his.

She hesitated a moment.  How long had it been since her last kiss?  It’d been two years since David had broken up with her, not understanding her responsibilities to her mother.  With a muffled groan, Cara tossed her purse to the floor and twined her arms around his neck.  Moisture pooled between her thighs as his tongue explored the corners of her mouth.  She eagerly returned the kiss, and was rewarded when one of Austin’s hands slid upwards to palm her breast.  Cara didn’t pull away; soon his cool fingers slid inside her bodice and nudged the lace of her bra aside.  She moaned when he rolled the nipple between two fingers and pressed herself closer to him.  Dimly in the background, she heard the vague tones of Bette Midler singing “Wind Beneath My Wings.”

“Wait. My phone’s ringing.  Austin,” she pleaded and forced herself to pull away.

“Can’t you ignore it?” He panted, reaching for her waist.

“I can’t.  This one is important.”  Cara stepped to the side and fumbled with the clasp with shaking hands.  Doreen wouldn’t have called unless something happened!  One look at the clock on the outside told her it was past ten o’clock.  “Hi, it’s Cara.”  She cleared her throat to sound normal.  “I’m sorry, Doreen, I just looked at the clock–What?”  She reached back for Austin’s hand to steady herself.  “Oh my god, which hospital?  Thanks.  I’ll be right there.”  She snapped her phone shut and whirled around.  “I have to go.”

“Wait a moment, Cara.  Hospital?  Let me go with you.”


Cara shook her head as she tried to shove her feet into her shoes.  “No, this is something I have to do.  It’s my responsibility.  Besides, you have guests.”

Buy link

No comments: