Wednesday, April 18, 2012

RT '12 Chicago 'Out Takes':)


BC getting an autographed book from Mary Janice Davidson



Author Lisa Hendrix, talking to a new fan.  I didn't get my picture taken with her because as I was stuffing her books into my bag, a woman stepped up to ask a question about Lisa's latest release.  When the woman admitted she had't read the first one, I piped up, 'You'll LOVE it!'  The woman bought all three books:)



Author Kaily Hart autographing her book for me:)



The very photogenic Bronwyn Green texting Mia Watts that BC and I had arrived:)



Standing in the check out line, I liked this woman's shirt:)



Took this because a friend of mine has a tie-die business, and I've asked him to make me one:)  There's a funny story about this picture and the next two.  Keep scrolling!



This one reads 'Authors are my rock stars!'



This one reads 'I read dead people'.



Apparently, when you finish paying for your books, you are supposed to head directly to the door, not turn right and head back toward the center of the room!  I had noticed the T-shirts while in line, but couldn't get anyone's attention to take the pictures for me.  So I thanked my cashier and turned right.  I'd taken about three steps when I heard "Hey!  Hey!  Heeeeeeyyyyyyyy!!!!!'

I turned around to see what the issue was, and this gentleman was yelling at....ME!  BC had also finished checking out and was closer to him; I heard her say 'She just wants to take a picture of one of the T-shirts', and he nodded his head and waved us on.  So after I snapped the pictures, I handed BC my camera and said 'I have to document my 'Author Behaving Badly' moment!'


Swiped this from Lisa Kessler's pictures; I had tried to get BC to stand beside him, but she refused.  So no pirate picture on my memory card!  We'd also seen a woman dressed like Marie Antoinette, but didn't get a picture of her either; she'd moved on by the time we arrived where we'd seen her.

2 comments:

Jenny Trout said...

I heard that we "met", but that I wasn't there. I lolled, and heartily, when Bronwyn told me that.

Molly Daniels said...

Yup; that explained the blank look she gave me when I told her I'd 'talked' to her on Twitter! And then deleted her pic from my camera when I found out it wasn't you!